Deep-Rooted Structural Engineering Expertise
Pickett’s team comprises engineers with extensive and broad-ranged knowledge in analysis and design of concrete, steel and wood structures, and their associated foundations, but also in bridge and culvert design, retaining wall design and rehabilitation, and structural forensics and inspections.
Diverse Structural Analysis and Design Services
Our experience includes preparation of engineering reports, preliminary designs and calculations, and construction packages, together with procurement of construction and as-built support for the following products and services:
- Analysis, design and repair/remediation of direct buried, drilled shaft, pile-supported and marine foundations for steel and concrete monopole and lattice tower structures.
- Analysis, design and rehabilitation of retaining walls for substations and access roads, as well as sea walls and transformer blast walls.
- Complete structural analysis, design and detailing of substation control houses, including interior steel roof beams and columns, spread footings, hollow-core roof slab, slab-on-grade, wall perimeter footing, wall openings and embedded plate design for support attachments.
- Analysis and design of drainage culverts.
- Design of telecom equipment support structures, including rooftop, monopole and lattice steel towers.
- Design of telecom equipment enclosures, custom and prefab steel shelters, stairs, landings and associated foundations.
- Design of traditional substation equipment foundations including transformers, circuit breakers, PTs, CTs, SSVTs, switches, H-frame deadends, bus supports and equipment pedestals.
- Shop drawing review and coordination of vendor materials
- Field engineering services
- Construction specification review and development.