Transmission Right-of-Way Access Design and Improvement
Utilizing our depth of experience in transmission line engineering, civil engineering, GIS and surveying, our engineers have designed, permitted, inspected and assisted with construction management of the installation of over 1,000 miles of access roads and right-of-way improvements through wetlands, low water crossings, tidal crossings and unstable upland areas.
Pickett’s civil engineering and field services teams offer permitting, design and field support services for numerous types of transmission right-of-way access improvements.
- At-grade access roads and right-of-way stabilizations
- Above-grade access roads with culverts
- Low water crossingsTidal crossings
- Driveway aprons off of public rights-of-way
- Temporary construction entrances
- Culvert sizing and specification
- Temporary bridges
- Crane pad design for pole installation
- Laydown yard stabilization
- Temporary matting
- Construction access plans
- Right-of-way improvement construction plans
- Stormwater pollution protection plans
- Environmental permit drawings for federal, state and local jurisdictions
- DOT, county and local permits for driveway aprons and public right-of-way improvements
- Drainage calculations
- As-built certifications
Pickett’s GIS team is integral in the access improvement designs by facilitating the sharing of data, providing property information, wetland delineation, land use data and other geographic data between engineering and field services. The GIS team also tracks the progress of the access construction within a web-based GIS portal that can be shared with the entire project team.
Pickett’s field services team assists engineering by collecting field data, including location and condition assessment of existing culverts, monitoring and reporting of changing field conditions due to weather events, performing muck probes to estimate muck excavation volumes and serving as the liaison between engineering and construction. During the construction phase, Pickett’s field services team is integral in coordinating and making field decisions, material and construction inspection for conformance to specifications and providing real time status updates to the GIS team for the GIS portal.